IN SEARCH OF THE BEST NEW MUSICAL TALENT
Young and emerging musicians and bands are invited to take part in an exciting event during IMBOLC International Music Festival 2018.
Bands, duos and solo performers will compete for the chance to perform during one of the festival’s main concerts, sharing the bill with one of the headline acts.
New and emerging musicians and bands are advised not to miss out on this exciting opportunity which could be the perfect launch pad for a career in music.
RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. There are three eligible categories:
– bands (consisting of between 3 and 6 musicians)
– duos (consisting of 2 lead instruments or 1 lead instrument with accompanist)
– singers (consisting of 1 self-accompanying singer or 1 singer with accompanist)
The same person may enter more than once, but must not enter twice in the same category.
2. The style of music should ideally be rooted in (Irish) traditional music, but may include elements of other styles and genres. Songs may be traditional or recent compositions, including cover versions.
3. Adjudication will be made with special consideration given to: standard of playing/ singing, originality of material, innovation and creativity in musical arrangements. Adjudication will remain anonymous until all acts have been heard and the grand final will have a panel of guest judges. The judges’ decision is final.
4. The closing date for entries is 31st December 2017.
5. Entrants must submit a demo of their music via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The recording must be of a suitable quality and be an accurate representation of a live performance. Acceptable submission formats are: .wav, .aiff, .mp3, .m4a, SoundCloud or Youtube links.
6. All entrants must be available on between 1st January and 4th of February 2018.
7. For further information, contact email@example.com.
– A slot during one of IMBOLC International Music Festival’s main concerts, sharing the stage with one of the headline acts.
– Concert during Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin’s regular concert series.
Eibhlín Ní Dhochartaigh, Arts Director at Cultúrlann Uí Chanáin: “One of the primary aims of this festival is to champion fresh talent on the Irish music scene. We are encouraging new acts to get in touch with us as we will be offering a number of opportunities for them to perform and showcase their music.”
Click here to download entry form.